The Mid Lancs AGM takes place on Monday the 20th of May at 7:00pm at St Andrews Church Hall. The AGM is open to each person registered to play in the league. This year there are proposals to switch to the Rally Points scoring system. If this is something you feel strongly about and you want to switch or keep things as they are, then it’s up to you to turn up and vote.
The following options have been proposed:
- Rally points to be adopted and introduced in the forthcoming 2019-2020 season, with the match format to remain the same.
- Rally points to be adopted and introduced in the forthcoming 2019-2020 season and the match format to be changed as follows.
- Same mixed teams and set-up as is currently employed (i.e. three pairs either playing two level doubles and one mixed, or one level doubles and two mixed), but play best of three ends to 21, rally point scoring.
- Each pair plays each other – three pairs, three games each, best of nine total games. 9-0, 8-1, 7-2 = max points (3), 6-3, 5-4 = 2 points, 4-5, 3-6 = 1 point, 2-7, 1-8, 0-9 = no points.
- Rally points to be adopted and introduced in the 2020-2021 season. Further discussions will take place between the Officers of the League and its members over the course of the next 12 months in order to decide upon the manner in which the move to rally points will impact upon the format of matches and the league’s points system, as well as the knock-on effect on the handicapped cup competitions and tournaments.