Message From Dave Burridge:
Just a reminder that the dinner dance is at South Ribble Civic Centre. Doors will be open from 6.30pm and food will be served at 7.15pm prompt.
Unfortunately they can only provide the 1 bar but have organised more staff to man it.
Message From Dave Burridge
Just a reminder the League is having its Presentation Evening on 20 May (details in handbook). If you intend going all monies and food choices need to be with Janette Norris by 30 April.
The hall is going to be used for a Cup Final on Monday so there will be no club night next week. The week after is the Bank Holiday, which means we are into Summer Club on the 9th of May before badminton returns to the hall. Rates will be £3 for this seasons members and £4 for visitors.
If you want to go to the Presentation Dinner and have not already paid for your ticket, please get in touch with Janette or Matt ASAP so they can finalise numbers.
This year the Mid Lancs Presentation is at Leyland Civic Centre on Friday the 20th of May . Tickets are £26 for adults and £24 for juniors, but all tickets purchased before Sunday the 20th of March will priced at £22, which is a good saving off the original price.
The Menu options this year are:
Starters, choose from…
- Homemade Broccoli and Stilton Soup served with a warmed bread roll and butter
- Chicken Ceasar Salad topped with parmesan shavings, chunky croutons and crispy anchovies
- Garlic and Lancashire Cheese Mushrooms in a creamy sauce sat on a toasted English muffin
Mains, choose from…
- Slow cooked beef with baby onions, mushroom jus served
- Pan seared Goosnargh Chicken with onion garlic and thyme sauce
- Chefs Fish Pie topped with cheese and chive mash served
- Roasted Red Pepper and Goats Cheese Strudel, Chunky Tomato Sauce
(All of the above to be served with roasted potatoes and a panache of mixed seasonal vegetables
Deserts, choose from…
- White and dark chocolate cheesecake served with fresh raspberry compote and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Classic Bramley Apple Pie served simply with fresh pouring cream
- Mrs Dawson’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
You have until Sunday to get your Early Bird order in to Matt Norris for the League Presentation evening. This a £5 saving on the normal adult price.
Congratulations to the A Team who made it through to the Cunningham Cup final when they beat MGS B in a quickly arranged semi-final. That means the A and D teams will both be playing cup finals at Wellfield on the 26th of March.
In the league there was a win for the B Team, and a narrow loss for the E Team.
Three rearrangements this week (I think) with the A, C and D teams in action.
Monday 16th of March
D Team vs Preston College A @ Home 7:30pm
Club Night 7:30pm onwards
Tuesday 17th of March
C Team vs Springfields C @ Lostock Hall 7:15pm
Thursday 19th of March
A Team vs Carlton A @ Home 7:30pm
- Good luck to all those taking part in matches this week
- There is a match on Monday so courts will be shared
- If anybody wants to post entries on the blog let me know and I’ll get you setup