This year the Mid Lancs Presentation is at Leyland Civic Centre on Friday the 20th of May . Tickets are £26 for adults and £24 for juniors, but all tickets purchased before Sunday the 20th of March will priced at £22, which is a good saving off the original price.
The Menu options this year are:
Starters, choose from…
- Homemade Broccoli and Stilton Soup served with a warmed bread roll and butter
- Chicken Ceasar Salad topped with parmesan shavings, chunky croutons and crispy anchovies
- Garlic and Lancashire Cheese Mushrooms in a creamy sauce sat on a toasted English muffin
Mains, choose from…
- Slow cooked beef with baby onions, mushroom jus served
- Pan seared Goosnargh Chicken with onion garlic and thyme sauce
- Chefs Fish Pie topped with cheese and chive mash served
- Roasted Red Pepper and Goats Cheese Strudel, Chunky Tomato Sauce
(All of the above to be served with roasted potatoes and a panache of mixed seasonal vegetables
Deserts, choose from…
- White and dark chocolate cheesecake served with fresh raspberry compote and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Classic Bramley Apple Pie served simply with fresh pouring cream
- Mrs Dawson’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
You have until Sunday to get your Early Bird order in to Matt Norris for the League Presentation evening. This a £5 saving on the normal adult price.
Congratulations to the A Team who made it through to the Cunningham Cup final when they beat MGS B in a quickly arranged semi-final. That means the A and D teams will both be playing cup finals at Wellfield on the 26th of March.
In the league there was a win for the B Team, and a narrow loss for the E Team.
Three rearrangements this week (I think) with the A, C and D teams in action.
Monday 16th of March
D Team vs Preston College A @ Home 7:30pm
Club Night 7:30pm onwards
Tuesday 17th of March
C Team vs Springfields C @ Lostock Hall 7:15pm
Thursday 19th of March
A Team vs Carlton A @ Home 7:30pm
- Good luck to all those taking part in matches this week
- There is a match on Monday so courts will be shared
- If anybody wants to post entries on the blog let me know and I’ll get you setup
If you are planning on going to the Mid Lancs Presentation, you have until Sunday the 15th to get your early bird order in. Matt Norris is organising it for our club this year.
Message from Dave Burridge:
Janette Norris has asked me to remind people that the closing date for taking advantage of the early bird deal for this year’s Presentation Evening is 15 March.
I’ve attached the relevant booking forms and menu information for the end of season Dinner Dance to be held at the Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland on Friday 15 May 2015
Message From Janette Norris
Please find attached the relevant booking forms and menu information for the end of season Dinner Dance to be held at the Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland on Friday 15 May 2015. The dates for the early bird have been changed from those in the book. Please could you contact your members and let them know the details. Unfortunately this year any monies paid will be no-refundable for cancellations. Tickets can be sold on to other club members but I would have to be informed to therefore get the correct table numbers and food requirements. The latest date for any last minute adjustments will be the end of April 2015 due to having outside caterers booked.
Please note that there may be limited places this year so it will have to be on a first come first served basis. The Civic Centre at Leyland can accommodate as many as we have had in the last couple of years but if the numbers do increase the above option would have to be put in place.
Good turnout at the Mid Lancs do as usual. Congratulation to the teams that pick up trophies, and well done to Hannah Burgess for picking up a deserved Young Player of the Year award. Summer Club is running on Thursdays from 7:30pm, visitors are welcome.